Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Express Yourself: Britni's Personal Style

Britni, Key Holder


What does "fashion" mean to you?
"As a student in the industry, fashion encompasses a lot of different elements. Personal style, current trends, and timeless designs are all “fashion.” It’s a mix of these that you have to find to suit you."

"This is an everyday outfit that can take me from day to night. I love the pop of color in the tights, and the girly polka dots mixed with the structured blazer and spiked flats."

Outfit Details:
Merona Dress: $6 (retail: $28)
Tights: $2 (retail: $10)
Blazer: $14 (retail: $30)
Wanted Shoes (from TJ Maxx)

Total Cost: $22 (compared to $68)
Total Savings of $46!

















How would you describe your style?
"My style is classic with a twist. I love girly shapes and vintage inspiration, but I also love crazy colors and metal studs. I’m a “try anything once,” type of girl."

Who are your style icons? What inspires your style? "My style is influenced by the seasons, my moods, and history. On a summer day, I might be wearing a flowing top and a pile of necklaces, a la Janis Joplin. Or if I’m feeling like a rebel who could take on the world, I’ll be sporting my Doc Martens and plenty of studded accessories. But my favorite style, although I don’t own much to show it, is the playfulness of 50s silhouettes."

"This is a super girly, vintage inspired look that I would wear on a pretty day out shopping with friends or to lunch with my boyfriend. I obviously have a thing for pink and purple!"

Outfit Details:
Vintage Sweatshirt: $10 (retail: $20)
Gap Skirt: $10 (retail: $50)
Silence & Noise Shoes: $7 (retail: $25)
J. Crew Purse: $12 (retail: $148)

Total Cost: $39 (compared to $243)
Total Savings of $204!





How has your idea of fashion changed since working at Plato's Closet?
"Since working here, I have opened myself up to so many options for my wardrobe. We get such an eclectic mix of styles in our store! It’s hard not to want to try on everything. Being able to see such a variety of styles and mix and match them with the things I’m used to has really made shopping and getting dressed more of an adventure."

Where are your favorite places to shop (besides Plato's)?
"I like to shop at Target, Urban Outfitters, and more recently TJ Maxx. I also get great vintage dresses at AZ Vintage."

"Every girl has an outfit like this! The leggings-plus-oversized-top uniform is made unique with the floral print and metallic scarf. I love how the ankle boots make the whole outfit very 80s!"

Outfit Details:
HIP Top: $8 (retail: $35)
Simply Vera Leggings: $6 (retail: $24)
Wet Seal Boots: $14 (retail: $30)
Scarf: $5 (retail: $15)

Total Cost: $33 (compared to $104)
Total Savings of $71!





No comments:

Post a Comment